Re: I-D ACTION:draft-kulkarni-netconf-subagent-prot-00.txt

Hi -

Indeed.  There was an incredible amount of well-entrenched political
opposition to pursuing any kind of subagent work, and lots of
disingenuous FUD.  Old-timers will recall the "dogs of a feather"
held in San Jose outside IETF auspices because
those in power at the time would not permit a BoF.

In the case of netconf, until there's an instance naming architecture
and we have some idea what data models are going to look like, I
think we'll just have to assume that netconf implementations will be
totally monolithic, despite all the limitations that that will entail for
large, complex, multi-vendor or dynamic systems.  With the very
limited applicability envisioned for netconf, this might not be a problem.

Randy