Notifications in opsec

I came across
 draft-cain-logging-caps-00
and found it is actually all about notifications, written as part of opsec.  It
interests me because it gives an operator perspective, as opposed to a software
developper perspective, of what notifications are about.

As the name implies, it only considers the use of syslog, and that only in the
shape of [RFC3164] and [RFC3195].  I am surprised at the lack of reference to
SNMP, less so to syslog-sec or netconf.

But its existence does emphasise for me the importance of this topic (even if
the IETF does not quite know what to do with it:-)

Tom Petch