RE: Confirmation of HTTPS use for the port 832

Hi,

A suggestion - use HTTP TLS Upgrade (RFC 2817) to allow
both plain HTTP and HTTP w/ TLS use over the same port,
as is the case with IPP/1.1 (RFC 2910/2911).

Trying to use HTTPS (where the TLS/SSL session starts
_before_ the first application message) and HTTP on the
same port is going to be hard to make interoperable.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839