Open Call to NETCONF Data Modelling Design Teams

Hi,

Dan, Simon, and I have crafted a mission statement for a design team,
except we decided not to run an official design team.  Instead, we are
issuing an Open Call to anyone who wants to write a draft in response
to these 3 challenges:

  Determine the best way to leverage the SMI/SNMP/SYSLOG experience
  we have in the IETF to create a simple, user-friendly,
  fully functional standards-based NM framework for the NETCONF protocol.

  Determine the best way to represent, organize, manage, and
  manipulate data models in a single vendor-extensible framework that
  allows for a "unified view" human API, even if there are N machine
  APIs as well (SNMP, NETCONF, SYSLOG, WEB, CLI).

  Determine the best way to migrate from proprietary-based configuration
  to standards-based configuration.

You can write whatever draft you want, at anytime, as always,
but these are the data modeling questions that the co-Chairs
and the AD are asking, in order to decide the best standards path
forward for netconf data modeling.

thanks,
Andy