Re: RFC Editor edit list for approved netconf drafts

>..

Sorry for the confusion.
The <filter> element does not allow mixed content,
so it much contain a complexType or be empty.
The filter examples below would be true if
mixed content was allowed.  Since it is not,
the whitespace content will not be interpreted as a simpleType.

Andy

No it is not special.
It is just whitespace between a start and end tag,
not between two start tags.  Your example is correct.
Whitespace from start to start tag or end to start tag is ignored.

<filter> </filter>

<filter>
</filter>

Both of these elements contain whitespace; they are not empty.
This test applies only to simpleTypes.  I don't actually
reject this. I check for it, and treat the construct as
an empty tag.  You can force the parser to take a whitespace
string using double quotes:  <foo>" "</foo>.

/martin

Andy