Re: RFC Editor edit list for approved netconf drafts

Andy Bierman <ietf@andybierman.com> wrote:
> Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> > Andy Bierman <ietf@andybierman.com> wrote:

> >> What is the proposed text for the RFC Edit?
> >
> > I must say that I'm not sure that this is the right change, but I
> > think that the easiest way to fix this is to change the
> > dataInlineType, configInlineType and filterInlineType to be
> > xs:extension of xs:anyType instead of xs:restriction, i.e. instead of
>

> I don't know the correct XSD text either.
> Since this entire exercise is for the benefit
> of XSD tools, we need somebody who uses those tools
> to find the text that works.

As I wrote, I did test it with libxml2.

Furthermore, if this construct is used (i.e. xs:extension) the
original filter definition validates just fine even for xpath,
i.e. there would be no need to add the 'select' attribute.  (Not that I
have any problems with the 'select' attribute).

>   - Since XML treats whitespace as content, the following filters
>     are different:
>
>     1) legal, empty:    <filter type="subtree"></filter>
>     2) illegal, text:   <filter type="subtree"> </filter>

I don't follow that logic.  Are you suggesting that this is special
only for the empty filter, but not when you have some subelements?
Thus, would

be identical to

  <filter type="subtree">
    <top xmlns="http://foo.com"/>