Re: XML namespace advice

Hi,

However, if you get a <rpc> *with* a correct xmlns, and an edit-config
*without* a xmlns, I think you should generate an error, since it's
invalid per the XML Namespace Recommendation.

Agreed, but this is stated somewhat incorrectly.

IMO, it is reasonable for the agent to assign the netconf NS
as the default NS, in the event <hello> or <rpc> PDUs without any
NS declarations are received, if they are received on netconf
connections (i.e., any port the agent is listening as a netconf port).

If such a PDU contains elements or attributes that are not
in the netconf NS that the agent is using, then you should generate the
appropriate errors.  So even if the agent can figure it
out without namespaces, it SHOULD generate unknown-element
or unknown-attribute errors in this case.  (I think it's
anti-user-friendly, but what can you do, it's XML ;-)

/martin

Andy