Re: RFC Editor edit list for approved netconf drafts

Martin Bjorklund wrote:
Andy Bierman <ietf@andybierman.com> wrote:
Martin Bjorklund wrote:
Andy Bierman <ietf@andybierman.com> wrote:
Hi,

Somebody asked for this edit list earlier.
It is available from the ID-Tracker as well.

Is this list complete?
What about the schema issues that were discussed in
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg00512.html, and then
in some more recent thread?
What is the proposed text for the RFC Edit?

I must say that I'm not sure that this is the right change, but I
think that the easiest way to fix this is to change the
dataInlineType, configInlineType and filterInlineType to be
xs:extension of xs:anyType instead of xs:restriction, i.e. instead of

I don't know the correct XSD text either.
Since this entire exercise is for the benefit
of XSD tools, we need somebody who uses those tools
to find the text that works.

I really dislike the way some of the
XML constructs in NETCONF were done.  Using element
names instead of strings for config names, using
extra nesting layers (e.g. <url>) in some choices,
The <filter> element, etc.

The XSD needs to reflect these characteristics for <filter> (but cannot):

 - The element must be empty if the 'type' attribute
   is equal to "xpath".

 - The 'select' attribute must be present if the type
   attribute is equal to "xpath", and must not be present
   if it is equal to "subtree".

 - If the 'type' attribute is equal to "subtree", then
   the element content may be non-empty.

 - Mixed mode content is not allowed in the <filter> element,
   so if it is non-empty it must contain only XML child nodes
   and not text (from any namespace).

 - Since XML treats whitespace as content, the following filters
   are different:

   1) legal, empty:    <filter type="subtree"></filter>
   2) illegal, text:   <filter type="subtree"> </filter>

     <xs:complexType name="configInlineType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType"/>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>

which, as far as I understand it, restricts configInlineType to be
'empty', we should have

     <xs:complexType name="configInlineType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:extension base="xs:anyType"/>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>

(and same for dataInlineType and filterInlineType).

Andy