Re: predictable content

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 09:27:10AM -0800, David T. Perkins wrote:

> I think you accidentialy used an incorrect characterization
> of SNMPv3's the  (context-engine-id, context-name) pair.
> It is not the identity of the "sender". It is the
> source of the notification. An observer can send
> a NOTIFICATION reporting that an event occured on
> another system, and when so would use the that
> system's identifier as the source.
>
> A proxy also uses the identification of the source
> system and not it's identity.

Correct.

I simply assumed that when Balazs Lengyel wrote "sender" that he
actually meant the source of the notification in the sense of the
(context-engine-id, context-name) pair.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany