RE: Why are we doing netconf?

I was not necessarily pleading in favor or against a specific protocol,
but rather making the case that back in 2002 and even more today there
may be room for looking for a consistent security framework, that brings
together different protocols each better suited for specific management
functions rather than design one protocol to perform all management
operations.

Dan