RE: Why are we doing netconf?

hi

<Juergen>

I assume that any reasonable data modeling language should have the
property that notifications defined with the data modeling language are
predictable.

I fail to see a requirement here for the development of a NETCONF
_protocol_ extension. If I am wrong, can you please help me phrase this
as a protocol requirement?
</Juergen>

Well, there are people who will be evaluating existing solutions against
these requirements, so I'd prefer to have it in there with a note that
in Netconf this is part of the content layer, not the protocol
operations. We will need to have a sense of *how* predictable content
comes into being, even if it is does in the data model.

<Juergen>

So what is the distinction between an event class and an event type?

</Juergen>
There isn't one.

Sharon