Re: Inputting mixed SC/TC (Re: [idn] A question...)

--On 2002-02-11 21.48 +0000 "D. J. Bernstein" <djb@cr.yp.to> wrote:

> Patrik responded:
>> Because we do comparison of Unicode strings.
>> See http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/normalization.html
>> I.e. not our choice (more than choosing to use Unicode).
>
> Patrik is lying. The web page that he cites does _not_ require, or even
> suggest, that uppercase and lowercase should be considered equivalent.
> Unicode normalization is about things like e-with-a-separate-egu-accent
> matching the combined e-egu character.

You just asked for "certain mappings and no others". I pointed to the
source for nameprep mappings. You did _not_ say "arguments for case
folding".

I don't understand where you get "lying" from?

I took for granted you knew that case folding is done already in DNS, and
that people has asked for case folding to continue to be valid also for
other scripts.

   paf