Re: Inputting mixed SC/TC (Re: [idn] A question...)

``Nobody has given a coherent explanation of _why_ IDNA needs to do
certain mappings and not others,'' I wrote.

Patrik responded:
> Because we do comparison of Unicode strings.
> See http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/normalization.html
> I.e. not our choice (more than choosing to use Unicode).

Patrik is lying. The web page that he cites does _not_ require, or even
suggest, that uppercase and lowercase should be considered equivalent.
Unicode normalization is about things like e-with-a-separate-egu-accent
matching the combined e-egu character.

---D. J. Bernstein, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics,
Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago