Re: [idn] Chinese Domain Name Consortium (CDNC) Declaration

>                2. it is impossible to solve TC/SC
>                3. registration policy can solve all ...
>                etc....
>Can you specify more clearly ? we all like to know what is the reference ?

1.      There have been many postings, from many people, about these
points.  There is no need to respond to this query because

                 a) these issues have nothing to do with him in particular, and

                 b) the explanations have been posted many times.

         Anyone who wishes to learn those details is encouraged to review
the working group archive.

2.      I also must note some concern over the style of criticisms being
lodged against the some participants in the working group.

         I have always been taught that Asians have a much better
appreciation for personal politeness than do Americans.  And my direct
experience has almost always matched that.  In this forum, however, there
has been a large number of vigorous, ad hominem attacks coming from some
Asian participants.  Perhaps there are subtleties to the cultural norms
that I am missing, but public abuse of people is not acceptable in the IETF
even from us crude Americans.

         Those engaging in personal attacks damage themselves and their
point of view.

         Further pursuit of ad hominem criticisms is worthy of
banishment.  We need to ignore postings from people who make these issues
personal.

3.      We are also seeing challenges to IETF working group process that
demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of working group management
requirements and IETF process rules.

         We need to simply refer posters who demonstrate such failings to
the considerable IETF documentation on these matters, rather than try to
educate them online.  Such efforts participate in a denial of service
attack on the working group.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464