[idn] Optional & Additional Character Equivalence Preparations by Zone

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrik Fältström" <paf@cisco.com>
> > This is not true. As long as the .cn DNS does the matching internally
and
> > provide a consistent response, why would "all" servers in the world need
> > to be able to fulfil the matchings?  If you are arguing how the
>
> No, because you will have a caching DNS server which also have to be able
> to do matchings for things in the .cn TLD. This means that any caching DNS
> server have to have the complete set of rules used in all zones in the
DNS.

But caching servers only cache the result of a query.
for example a domain request
<A><A'>.example
the .example ns would internally match it with
<a><a>.example
and reply with a positive response.
the caching server will therefore cache
<A><A'>.example
with the response.
If you are asking what happens if another request comes:
<a><A'>.example
then the answer is simple, it will consult the .example server again,
then it will cahce
<a><A'>.example
with the response.
So, I dont see why all the servers in the world needs to be able to handle
all additional matching rules.

Edmon