Re: Comments on the NAT66 draft

Gert Doering writes:
Hi,
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 08:16:04AM -0700, EricLKlein@softhome.net wrote:
This makes sense to me, lets first identify the problems we want to solve and then see how to fix them rather than assigning NAT as a solution to problems that are not clearly defined.

Well, the main unsolved problem I see is - (small to medium) enterprise customers that want to change their ISP without renumbering their internal network

Ok, this is a problem that needs a solution - is NAT the only solution?
For larger enterprises, I see "acquiring their own IPv6 address space"
(either by means of becoming a member of their local RIR and grabbing
a "provider" allocation, or by means of IPv6 PI space) "and using BGP"
as the answer to that problem.

This is a solution which can be handled via the RIR policies and has no bearing on NAT. What is the problem this solution is aimed at? Is it the same renumbering as above?