Re: Comments on the NAT66 draft

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 08:16:04AM -0700, EricLKlein@softhome.net wrote:
> This makes sense to me, lets first identify the problems we want to solve
> and then see how to fix them rather than assigning NAT as a solution to
> problems that are not clearly defined.

Well, the main unsolved problem I see is

 - (small to medium) enterprise customers that want to change their ISP
   without renumbering their internal network

For larger enterprises, I see "acquiring their own IPv6 address space"
(either by means of becoming a member of their local RIR and grabbing
a "provider" allocation, or by means of IPv6 PI space) "and using BGP"
as the answer to that problem.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  128645

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279