Re: some real life data

On 10/10/2008, at 6:39 AM, Erik Kline wrote:

So, I see quite a few page accesses to http://ipv6.swm.pp.se via Teredo, did anyone encounter a problem to reach it? I still don't have an explanation to
lack of Vista users using Teredo.

One thing I've been wondering about is whether or not the client
actually tried and was, in fact, in the process of setting up a Teredo
connection but it just took *so* long that the state of the page
changed (the user navigated away, and thus the javascript was
stopped).  I remember hearing that some Teredo setup times can be in
the multiple 1000s of milliseconds depending on how close the nearest
server is.  Maybe this is not a factor in your region or for your
experiment.

I test for this by periodically (maybe every 5 seconds I think?) providing feedback with a javascript timer, until all the images on the different hostnames are loaded.

--
Nathan Ward