RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Bonness, Olaf wrote:

You might not like this model but it's still reality and not clear until when it will vanish.

I don't want it to vanish, but I do want devices that support my model. I am not trying to make the standard model today (RA) to go away, but I want to be able to design a service per what I have written before, and that there are devices in the market that support it.

Look above. Who will force the customers to buy a new DSL-box or CPE? Nobody can.

For new deployments it should be ok. I'd say CPE routers are often churned out over 3-5 years.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se