RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

>> Acutally, there are many service using just a PC to terminate ISP upstream.
>> So, why you exclude this case from (v6)CPE ?
>
> Because I don't want that model going forward, because I don't think that's going to be what the customer want.

You might not like this model but it's still reality and not clear until when it will vanish.

>> So, I don't like this idea...
>> "The customer will have to decide this at the time of purchase of the service."

> Well, I don't like the idea of end users connecting IPv6 only hosts directly to the ISP network, I want the customer to be required to have a router, and I don't want the customer to have the possibility to source packets in core IP space, and I don't want ISP routers to have IPs in the customer IP range.

Look above. Who will force the customers to buy a new DSL-box or CPE? Nobody can.

Agree regarding "ISP routers to have IPs in the customer IP range."

Cu Olaf