Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Mikael Abrahamsson writes:

Well, I don't like the idea of end users connecting IPv6 only hosts directly to the ISP network, I want the customer to be required to have a router, and I don't want the customer to have the possibility to source packets in core IP space, and I don't want ISP routers to have IPs in the customer IP range. Personally, I want IPv6 native service to require the customer to have a CPE router, if they don't want that, then they can get IPv6 tunneled over 6to4, PPPoE, L2TP or alike, terminated at their computer.
This model will not work in the Cellular or Mobile worlds where the end device is a phone or mini internet device (MID). These will connect directly to the radio switch and will be aggregated into the network there. In the case of WiMAX or HSPDA this could be any of the next generation (out in this quarter) Intel ATOM, GTC, Nvidia, or other chip set based portable devices. These will be able to connect to WiMAX or GSM, EVDO, 3G, etc. network directly. So they will be (by definition) routers as well as end user devices. If the intention for the scope of this document discounts these devices (which currently out number desk top PCs almost 2 to 1) then the document is of too narrow a scope.
Eric