Re: reminder: things todo in august and shortly thereafter

Hi WaiSum,

Thank you for your clarification.   I have two comments to your reply.

(1) I agree with you 100% that it is necessary to be able to differentiate and
prioritize the control traffic over the user traffic.  However, I don't believe
that we need to support pre-emption to achieve such need.  Simply by
differentiating  the control traffic from user traffic and applying preferential
treatment within the switch/router would be suffiicient.

(2) Regarding to my previous point#3, my real concern is not whether we can
provide crankback to re-select new route for the traffic.  My concern is
regarding to your statement that I quoted could allow  possible conflicting
preemption configuration within the network among different nodes which could
then introduce more rerouting instability.

Cheers,
Tricci