FW: [IP-Optical] draft-team-tewg-restore-hierarchy-00.txt: Request for input on restoration requirements

Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago, we sent the authors of the restore-hierarchy
draft the following email to consider the proposed Joint IP/Optical
Restoration Scheme for Router Failures as part of the survivability
requirements that are specific to the IP over Optical architecture with
the paper attached (which we could not send to the general WG mailing
list). Now that we have managed to put it on a public accessible website
http://www.celion.com/tech.html, we would like to share it with the
members of the TE community to receive your comments and suggestions.

Note that the simple network topology chosen in the paper is for
simplicity in illustrating the restoration mechanisms. The schemes can
provide the same level of effectiveness for more general topologies,
such as a mesh network with more backbone links between offices as
described in the 2nd to the last paragraph in the paper, and cases where
there are more than one backbone links between two offices connecting
either the same 2 backbone routers or different ones.

Best regards,

Angela Chiu
John Strand