RE: reminder: things todo in august and shortly thereafter

Hi Tricci,

Thanks for your comments.  Please see some additional comments below.

Regards,
Jerry

LSP
> bandwidth modification selection example.

> I can see that the amount of path computation would be very extensive with

> the solution that you proposed.  May I ask, have you done any performance
> analysis to determine if such solution is scalable for a large core
network,
> let's say 10's thousands of LSPs?

Yes, a comparative scalability analysis was done, and is presented in
Section 3.3 of
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-mpls-diffserv-te-alternativ
e-02.txt.  Actually, the main point of our I-D was to point out ways to
increase the scalability of DiffServ TE.

On a more general note, one can question scalability even without
introducing multiple class-types with DiffServ TE.  For example, see our
discussion of IGP scalability in
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-ospf-isis-congestion-contro
l-00.txt.  In that draft we propose mechanisms to improve current IGP
scalability.