RE: Regarding the DiffServ-TE drafts(lefaucheur,boyel,kompella,as h,bi tar)

Some more thoughts (personal opinions) ...

1) We should separate the issue of advertising the
bandwidth associated with different diffserv classes
from -preemption priority advertisement.

	->Eliminating the pre-emption related advertisements
	reduces the scalability issues to a great extent.

	->Now we are dealing with a traffic engineered network
	 ,where the administrator wants more control and
	 predictability over the TE-LSP being created in his
	 network.

	 I don't see, why the administrator would configure
	 his network in such a way that one of the LSPs he
	 established gets torn down automatically, 30 minutes
       later, by another TE-LSP (of his own creation).

	 Furthermore, we are not creating "UNI" LSPs, which
	 gets created and deleted frequently and un-predictably.

	->even if there are cases, where one really needs
	pre-emption, we can address this issue via a separate
	draft.

2) As I mentioned before, in my opinion a 1:1 approach
(diffserv class: bw adv), is probably the better approach.

The [kompella] drafts proposes 1:1 mapping. However, it
overloads the priority with the diffserv class bandwidth
info, there by tightly coupling the per-diffserv-class
bandwidth info with a priority. This has several limitations
	a) user may not want to define a strict "priority"
	between the diffserv classes.

	b) limits the number of class to 8.
	It is a good idea to limit the number of classes, but
	this can be handled by configuration.

What about a modified approach that uses the concepts
outlined in the [kompella] drafts, but encoding in the
style of [bitar] -explicit PHB-ID . An additional MIB
may help the administrator to further limit the amount
of advertisement by:
	a) limiting the number of classes for which the
	BW information has to be _explicitly_ advertise
	b) the frequency of advertisement
	c) a possible threshold, which decides whether
	the amount of change in the reserved bandwidth
	should cause the initiation of the new per-class
	bandwidth info.

Do you see any problem with this proposal ?

Thanks,
sanjay