Re: Examples of ASN.1 for SMIng.txt

HI,

It would be useful for the MIB module in RFC 2021 to be rewritten
in the form of the "Tiglia proposal". Of special interest is how
the relationships between the tables in made clearer in the
"Tiglia proposal" than in form of SMIv2, and how the duplication
found in the tables nlMatrixSDTable and nlMatrixDSTable is
reduced.

Also, it would be useful for a short summarization of the
benefits of the "Tiglia proposal".

At 02:05 PM 12/5/2001 +0000, John Larmouth wrote:
> I subscribed to this list in the expectation of some discussion of the
> solution proposed by Alessandro Tiglia in this mail and his ealier
> mailing of an Internet Draft, but there seems to have been little
> comment.
>
> The solution appears to meet all requirements, and I understand that a
> decision will be taken on rival options next week.
>
> Does silence on the mailing list mean assent, or simply that people are
> too busy?
>
> John L
>
>--
>   Prof John Larmouth
>   Larmouth T&PDS Ltd
>   (Training and Protocol Development Services)
>   1 Blueberry Road
>   Bowdon                               j.larmouth@salford.ac.uk
>   Cheshire WA14 3LS                    Tel: +44 161 928 1605
>   England				Fax: +44 161 928 8069

Regards,
/david t. perkins