Re: Examples of ASN.1 for SMIng.txt

"David T. Perkins" wrote:

> HI,
>
> It would be useful for the MIB module in RFC 2021 to be rewritten
> in the form of the "Tiglia proposal".

I will leave Alessandro or one of the other authors of the Internet
Draft to address that point.

> Of special interest is how
> the relationships between the tables in made clearer in the
> "Tiglia proposal" than in form of SMIv2, and how the duplication
> found in the tables nlMatrixSDTable and nlMatrixDSTable is
> reduced.

There are mechanisms available in the ASN.1 formulation for a field of
an information object class to contain references to information objects
of other classes.  This is essentially a case of allowing pointers to
rows of other tables, and should go a long way to solving your table
problem, but that would need to be worked out in detail.

> Also, it would be useful for a short summarization of the
> benefits of the "Tiglia proposal".

Again, I will leave that to one of the authors.

John L