Re: Comments on draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt

Frank Quick wrote:

And I think "is not consistent with" is entirely accurate, if perhaps less blunt. If the purpose is to inform the reader, rather than to punish the authors, then the less blunt wording should be sufficient. I'd also accept "not compliant with" if you prefer.

I have some sympathy for this. Its excellent if we agree about the technical part of the note (or will come to an agreement at least). But the note should not "punish the authors". Lets use less emotionally charged words, "violate" may not be very good. But "is not consistent" doesn't quite do the job for me either. Perhaps "not compliant with RFC XXXX" is the right, objective expression here.

--Jari