RE: Possible issue for clarification -- RADIUS Accounting

Avi Lior writes...

> Actually 2869 says the following:
>
> It is envisioned that an Interim Accounting record (with Acct-
>    Status-Type = Interim-Update (3)) would contain all of the
attributes
>    normally found in an Accounting Stop message with the exception of
>    the Acct-Term-Cause attribute.

So it seems clear that this is the intent.

As Glen Zorn points out, RFC 2869 does not indicate that it updates RFC
2866, and RFC 2866 *does* include the code-id for Interim-Update (3),
but did not pick up any of the other related text from RFC 2869.  RFC
2869 also says:

  "This memo suggests several additional Attributes that can be added to
   RADIUS to perform various useful functions.  These Attributes do not
   have extensive field experience yet and should therefore be
   considered experimental."

While the RFC status is Informational, it indicates that the Attribute
status is Experimental?  Odd.

Perhaps we should consider adding a clarification in our RADIUS Issues
and Fixes document, once we actually start work on that charter item.