RADIUS Attribute Hiding and radext-digest-auth

Hi,

so we have some ways to encrypt individual RADIUS attributes. When authorizing
sips or https connections, at least RADIUS attributes revealing the identity must
be encrypted. In radext-digest-auth this applies to the following attributes:
- User-Name
- Digest-Username
- Digest-URI
- SIP-AOR [not yet in the draft]

Digest-HA1 would profit from encryption, too.

We can re-define Digest-Username, Digest-URI and SIP-AOR to use one of the
encryption algorithms Bernard summarized in a previous post. We can't do
this for User-Name, a new Encrypted-User-Name attribute would be necessary.

Message-Authenticator does not help here.

Should I change the document to use the attribute hiding mechanism (Tunnel-Password)
described in RfC 2868, despite its weaknesses?

Or is making IPSec mandatory in the relevant cases acceptable (as it is in
the current version)?

Wolfgang

--
T-Systems