Re: Agenda for NETCONF WG session at IETF #71

"Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Muenich)" writes:
>Please let us also know whether you have a concrete topic for
>the open mic session.

I posted a list of question for discussion at the last ietf,
but nothing really came of it.  Is it worth repeating?

>Another thought is to come up with a list of the five biggest
>impediments to NETCONF's complete domination of the configuration
>space.  Do we know the answers to questions like:
>
> - Why aren't/won't device folks shipping netconf implementations?
> - Why aren't/won't application writers moving to NETCONF?
> - Why isn't NETCONF becoming the answer to configuration problems?
> - What's stopping it?
> - Where's the chicken?
> - What's the egg?
> - What's the key to moving forward from here?
> - Where should we be concentrating our (precious and few) resources?

The first issue (YANG) is clearly the (YANG) lack of a workable
DML, and (YANG) I think we are making (YANG) great progress
in that (YANG) area.

But I don't know what the other four top-five issues are.  What
stands between us and Complete World Domination (CWD)?

Thanks,
 Phil (the (YANG) subtle one ;^)