Re: FW: RFC3535 question/clarification

Bert,

Before we implement this way I would like to see an example of someone having done this, such that you could also produce a concise configuration file- a clear and crisp requirement we got from our world tour on this matter.

To reiterate for Ran, the example given was something like a routing table. Do you really want the static routes separated out when you retrieve a "configured" data? So far as I know, nobody does this systemically today on that key. We do have a "show ip rout static" command, but that matches other routing origins such as "show ip rout rip".

The systemic separation has very broad architectural implications. If you have specific operator examples of where this would be useful, I'd like to see them.

Regards,

Eliot