From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de]
Sent: vrijdag 12 september 2003 13:39
To: randy_presuhn@mindspring.com
Cc: nm-ws@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: RFC3535 question/clarification

>>>>> Randy Presuhn writes:

Randy> I'm agree with Juergen and Ran, and would like to remind folks
Randy> of an extremely useful concept from an ancient protocol and its
Randy> SMI: attribute groups.  The idea is that one can associate a
Randy> label with a particular semantic ("statistics" or
Randy> "configuration"), and that, in conjunction with a class
Randy> definition, (as well as in the definition of the group itself)
Randy> one can say that specific attributes of instances of a class
Randy> are members of a particular group.

I agree that the config/state/stats distinction should be treated as a
multi-valued attribute of instances.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany