Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-weijing-netconf-interface-00.txt

Hi -

An object definition language has facilities for representing semantics
and relationships that go well beyond those of a data definition language.
Two examples:  ASN.1 vs GDMO, and ASN.1 vs SMI(ng).  I don't know
what Keith has in mind or whether he's proposing anything, but
an XSD would not be terribly well-suited to representing the semantic
constraints on the objects referred to by the arguments of a method
associated with an object.  But, as you say, all this practical stuff is
out of scope, so I'll shut up.

Randy

Randy