Re: do we need filtering or some such

Ahh, you're reading more into the target configuration capability
than we intended when writing the draft.

Since you haven't specified any identifier for the ospf interface,
you're getting ospf instance 1, area 2, which would include
all configuration for that area. The interface and adminStatus
elements as specified are superfluous (in fact one would assume
the configuration fragment as specified wouldn't validate, because
there's no identifying attribute on the interface and the schema would
require one).

thanks,
 Rob