Re: xmlconf in a nutshell

>>>>> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:21:14 -0700, Andy Bierman <abierman@cisco.com> said:

Andy> I'm not sure what this C language syntax interpretation of the
Andy> xmlconf protocol operations is for.  Is this a conceptual aid
Andy> for the mailing list, or something more?

It wasn't C, as there were in/out markings and the word "string" was
used instead of char *, for example.

The purpose is that it is a fairly quick reference chart describing
the protocol operations and what the input and output "variables"
(parameters, elements, pick your term, ...) are.  It's simply a nice
summary to glance at when you suddenly forget the answer to a question
like "what are the inputs to the getconfig operator?"

Andy> IMO, C syntax that approximates the XML message exchange (but
Andy> not completely) without any semantics at all is not entirely
Andy> useful.

Reference sheets, whatever, are never useful to the uninformed.
They're very useful to those that have read the spec.  I'm sure
Juergen wasn't intending to offer an alternative to the main
specification, just a supplement.