Re: xmlconf in a nutshell

At 11:10 AM 4/28/2003, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

>Wes> Useful summary Juergen, thanks!  I'd be tempted to change the
>Wes> voids to something like 'status' or something appropriate, as all
>Wes> the operations allow a rpc-reply and/or rpc-errors to be
>Wes> returned.
>
>Yes, it probably makes sense to have a return code which indicates
>success or failure and to keep the "out string status" parameter as a
>way to indicate error specifics to the caller.

I'm not sure what this C language syntax interpretation of
the xmlconf protocol operations is for.  Is this a conceptual
aid for the mailing list, or something more? IMO, C syntax
that approximates the XML message exchange (but not completely)
without any semantics at all is not entirely useful.

>/js

Andy