Re: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-lace-00.txt

At 8:57 PM +0900 11/8/00, Yoshiro YONEYA wrote:
>I wonder why LACE uses the same prefix as RACE. At a glance,
>compression / uncompression algorithm of LACE is not compatible with
>RACE. Would you please correct if I am wrong?

We are using the same prefix because the issue of prefixes is not
resolved. Of course, there will be only one ACE that comes out of
this group (although there might be zero), so there is no worry about
"which one" will be used on the wire.

Maybe when we start comparing ACEs, we should use different prefixes for each.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium