Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 07:16:40 -0500
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenb@netsol.com>
To: "'Mark.Andrews@nominum.com'" <Mark.Andrews@nominum.com>, idn@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: [idn] Proposed suggestions from Asia Pacific Top LevelDomain
    meeting

Mark's comment below about domain name vs. host name character restrictions
made me wonder.  Please consider the following chain of RFC references,
which seem to imply otherwise:

RFC952: Describes host name syntax:
RFC1035: Section 2.3.1 describes label syntax for domain names:
RFC1101: Describes allowances for domain names that begin with a digit:
RFC1123: Updates host name syntax specifications:

length.  Did I miss something that points in another direction?

Scott Hollenbeck (mailto:shollenb@netsol.com)
Network Solutions, Inc. Registry