RE: [idn] Re: alpha v0.3

Title: RE: [idn] Re: alpha v0.3

Unicode 3.0 is already official.  Most, but not all,
of the amendments to the first edition of 10646-1
(I think there are some 35 amendments that will
be summed into the second revision) are also already
official.  It is rather tedious to name them all...

Since Unicode 2.0 there have been only additions
of characters, no moves, no renaming.  Some property
data has changed for characters both in Unicode 2.0
and Unicode 3.0.  Some general category assignments
have changed (that probably does not make a stir
for IDN), but also some (informative) case change
mappings have been changed (which may affect IDN).
We should refer to the properties characters have
in Unicode 3.0.0, rather than any older version.

                Kind regards
                /kent k