About nonrequirements.... (Re: alpha v0.2)

At 11:59 25.01.00 +0800, James Seng wrote:

> > If we are to internationalise the DNS then we should internationalise
> > everything which contains human representable characters.  I think this
> > consists of labels and TXT records at the moment.
>
>Ok, will remove the TXT RR requirment.

James,

I think it would be a good move at this stage not to remove requirements
that we don't want from the document, but rather move them to a special
section called "nonrequirements", or mark them in the text as "MAY" (or the
semantically equivalent "MAY NOT").

This makes it easy for the readers to tell the difference between "we
didn't think about this" and "we thought about this and decided it was not
a requirement".

It'll be a lively discussion in Adelaide....

                   Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no