Re: Last call on extensions document?

I also support the notion of having a "family-specific" attribute set.

My reasons are somewhat different.

In the case of carrying a "pure" IPv6 address and a pure IPv4 address then
the argument for having a single attribute to carry both makes sense.

However, IPv6 addresses have different flavours.  Sometime I want to carry
a "pure" IPv6 address, sometimes I want to convey just the prefix and
sometimes I want to convey the prefix and the interface and thus I need to
include the prefix length in the address.  There are examples of these
encodings already in the IETF.

A family-specific approach is good.  Thus if we want to create such a
beast for IPv6 addresses we should create an attribute that can meet all
the use cases or have an attribute type for each use case.

Avi