RE: TCP + TLS on the same port

Let us presume that there is a NAT (perhaps a carrier grade NAT) located between
a RADIUS over TLS client and server.   Bringing up a TLS connection to the RTLS
server and using this for traffic in both directions has several advantages, it seems
to me:

a.  RADIUS DynAuth traffic from the DAC to DAS can now traverse the NAT
(assuming that the RTLS server is acting as the DAC and the NAS as the DAS).

b.  Both the NAS/DAS and the RTLS server/DAC do not need to have both TLS
client and TLS server certs.

Does this make sense?