Question about "framework" draft (Goals)

Dear psampers and "framework" authors,
I had a look at the "framework" draft posted by Nick and I have some question to
post before the Atlanta session.

In section 2 (Goals) Nick stated:
"a sampling device based on these measurement primitives is relatively simple,
as (a) it requires only minimal per-packet processing, and (b) it requires little
(local) memory."

I do not completely agree with such a sentence because, even this sentence is
inserted in the Goals section, it seems to be an assumption made by the authors
and I do not agree on such assumption.

My thought is:
"a sampling device based on packet sampling, filtering and hashing MAY require
only minimal per-packet processing"
because the primitives, hashing exspecially, may be very processing/time consuming
(let's think about a modulo prime operation or other hashing functions) and have to be
carefully designed.
"a sampling device requires LESS local memory (if sampling is used)"
and not LITTLE (as Nick wrote), because LITTLE is not always true.

Comments?

Best regards
Saverio Niccolini

Saverio Niccolini, Ph.D. student
Network Laboratories Heidelberg
NEC Europe Ltd.
Adenauerplatz 6, D-69115 Heidelberg, Germany
phone: +49 6221 90511-33
fax: +49 6221 90511-55
e-mail: saverio.niccolini@ccrle.nec.de