Comments on "framework" draft (continued)

Dear all,
further reviewing the Nick draft I have found some sentences which need
to be analyzed:

In section 2 (Goals) Nick stated:
"Aim for ubiquity, by including in the minimal set of primitives functions that
can be implemented at maximal line rate with minimal additional state"
Primitive and functions are not synonyms?
Moreover stating that such functions can be implemented at maximal line
rate is too restrictive! It is not so easy to have functions (like hashing for example)
working at line rate! Well, you can have them but if they have "bad" properties
they are going to bias your original flow characteristics.

"Allow transparent interpretation of measurements through inclusion of sampling
configuration in the reporting stream"
should be
"Allow transparent interpretation of measurements through inclusion of sampling
configuration INFORMATION in the reporting stream"

What do you think about it?

Sorry if I post my comments one by one but I think this way is better in order to
have a clear answer to a clear question.

Best regards
Saverio Niccolini

Saverio Niccolini, Ph.D. student
Network Laboratories Heidelberg
NEC Europe Ltd.
Adenauerplatz 6, D-69115 Heidelberg, Germany
phone: +49 6221 90511-33
fax: +49 6221 90511-55
e-mail: saverio.niccolini@ccrle.nec.de