WG progress update

Dear all,

As a step in preparation for the meeting in Atlanta here
is an overview of the current status of the work in the WG

Our charter lists the following goals until Atlanta:

AUG 02 Submit Framework document
NOV 02 Submit Packet selector and packet information document

Both documents have been posted.

The framework document

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-framework-00.txt

was posted by Nick. It is the document we should focus on at
the Atlanta session. I ask all of you to carefully review this
document and discuss your comments on the mailing list. The
document has undergone two revisions already, when it still was
an individual draft, but now the entire WG should take care of it.

If you have comments, please post them before the meeting!
Raising issues just at the meeting is also possible, of course,
but knowing them before and starting discussion already on the
mailing list is desirable.

The packet selector and packet information document posted by Tanja

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-00.txt

is just a packet selector document for now. We still have not
decided finally whether to have a separate document on packet
information or not. But there is a shared view that specifying
packet information is the smaller and easier part of the document.
There seems to be no problem in adding this later in one way or
the other.

This document should also be discussed at the Atlanta meeting.
Please also review this document.

Nick and Tanja: Do you have plans for updating your documents
before the cut-off date on November 4?

See you all in Atlanta,

   Juergen
--
Juergen Quittek     quittek@ccrle.nec.de     Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,    Network Laboratories     Fax: +49 6221 90511-55