Re: Potential problem in Netconf protocol XSD?

"Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortel.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can other people validate instances of rpc-reply? As I indicated in the
> Notification thread, since I've updated to the latest XSD for the base
> Notification protocol, I'm having trouble validating my instances. I'm
> having the same problem with basic rpc-replies. I'm hoping it is just
> me, but I do have a colleague experiencing the same problem.
>
> I am not able to validate the examples in the protocol specification
> (-12). I get an error whenever the content of the <data></data> tags are
> anything other then a null-length string. It complains that it is
> suppose to be empty.
>
> Here is the change:
>
> New:
>
>      <xs:complexType name="dataInlineType">
>        <xs:complexContent>
>          <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType"/>
>       </xs:complexContent>
>     </xs:complexType>
>
> Old:
>
>      <xs:complexType name="dataInlineType">
>        <xs:complexContent>
>          <xs:extension base="xs:anyType"/>
>        </xs:complexContent>
>      </xs:complexType>

In the -12 draft, dataInlineType is defined as

     <xs:complexType name="dataInlineType">
       <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType"/>
       </xs:complexContent>
     </xs:complexType>

This was discussed in this thread (and also others):
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/netconf.2006/msg00846.html

The suggested change is to use the xs:extension instead.  Are you
saying that xs:extension doesn't work for you?

/martin