Re: Access control [was: action RPC I-D]

Balazs Lengyel wrote:
Hello,
I feel that we should be careful not to make access control to complicated. While technically it is possible to design a good, fine grained access control model, I fear the user (operator) will have difficulties understanding it.

I see that read/write (and possibly disturb traffic) are three easy to understand concepts that might be executed by different people in the network operator's organization. On the other hand I don't see who would be the operator who is allowed to modify a route(or a customer), but not to create a new one.

I agree that operationally separating delete, replace, etc. is a useful notion, but I don't see the need for the same with access control.

I suggest that people implement NETCONF, and also implement
some kind of ACM, and prove to operators and the WG that the
design and feature set is necessary and sufficient.

Balazs

Andy