Re: I-D ACTION:draft-kulkarni-netconf-subagent-prot-00.txt

jayaprakash.kulkarni@wipro.com wrote:
Thanks for all the comments on the draft.

I note following problems that need to be updated in the draft:

- problems with edit-config operation esp like locking mechanisms, error-options, confirmed-commit etc

- complexities in Xpath filtering

- capability variations between agents

- data model sharing between sub-agent and master-agent

- dealing with vendor specific operations and extra parameters in the standard operations

- passing on security identity to sub-agents

I believe there will be cases for master agent-subagent implementation, because in a multi-vendor unit with FRUs coming from various vendors or various business units with in a organisation, using a standard protocol is the only way for the controller card to interact with the line cards.

I think it would be a good idea (if you do update the draft)
to start another mailing list for discussion of this topic.
I suggest asking the AD for a "pre-BOF" mailing list for this purpose.

Regards

Jayaprakash

Andy