Re: sylsog in NETCONF notifications

Hi Andy,

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Andy Bierman wrote:

I envision starting with syslog/RAW and even syslog/SD-Params,
and new work can start (in the SYSLOG WG) on syslog/XML
if there is enough interest.  I don't think the NETCONF WG
should be defining any standard notification content except maybe
a config-change notification.

Speaking as syslog WG Co-Chair

I appreciate your confidence in the syslog WG. :-) At this time, we are VERY focused on meeting our milestones. We are chartered in the Security Area to address some specific security requirements. If we go down the path you envision, then we should probably be rechartered in the OAM Area. I'm not opposed to that, but that discussion will have to wait until after we meet our milestones.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the netconf WG meeting on Friday, but I believe that David Harrington, my Co-Chair, will be there and will be able to represent our WG if this is discussed.

Best regards,
Chris